Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Prepping for Baby

We started childbirth classes tonight. I think the point of these classes is to scare the soon-to-be mom's to the point that when they actually experience childbirth, they'll think it wasn't so bad. Of course, this is coming from the man, so how can I really know? I do know that it will be painful, and I know that I have to do my best to keep my wife calm and focused. Still, if the point of these classes is to help relax and to avoid tension, then why tell everyone how painful it is? Can't they be like one of those doctors that says, "You may feel a little discomfort?" Maybe this technique is actually better. If you think it's the worst thing you'll ever feel and prepare to relax through that, then you'll be totally prepared. OK, never mind, I just convinced myself that their method is probaby best.

My bet is that childbirth is still better than being stung by an Irukandji. And, the best part is that you have a precious little child once labor is over. Not so with the jellyfish.

No comments: