Friday, July 25, 2008

Box Office for The Dark Knight

So, the 7-day tally for The Dark Knight ended up being a mere $238M. It couldn't even get to $250M in seven days. Is this the blockbuster that everyone thought it would be? And, more importantly, am I the only one who hasn't seen this movie yet? OK, so, The Dark Knight has the biggest 7-day tally ever. The second biggest seven day gross was Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest at a paltry $196M.

OK, truthfully, I just don't like crowds. No matter how great this movie supposedly is, and no matter how gripping Heath Ledger's legacy is, I will probably wait another 2 or 3 weeks to see this. It gives me that much time to convince Deonn she wants to see it.

Maybe we'll see Mamma Mia! soon, or maybe Wall-E since I have my son this weekend. I'll let you know how those are if I end up seeing them.

2 comments:

J.R. said...

Let us know and maybe we'll join you guys for a movie. Sounds like fun.

Gatchamark said...

Absolutely! We need to coordinate kid-free nights and go!