Thursday, July 31, 2008

Opening Credits

OK, I finally did it. I made the mp3 playlist I wanted to make with all the ending credits to movies. I have the ending credits to all 6 Star Wars movies, 2 Indiana Jones movies, Superman, and Tron. Wow, just those 10 pieces, and you get like an hour and a half. Great themes. I even played it a little for Deonn tonight. She was thrilled.

While I was listening to this new playlist of mine, I reflected back to when movies had opening credits. I mean, really, do any recent movies take their time to blow you away at the beginning with opening credits? No, they expect you to wait until the end, and then everyone walks out anyway. Remember the opening credits to Superman: The Movie? Is there any better way to possibly open a movie? I don't think so. They're so good, that's all I need to watch of that movie. The first 5 and a half minutes. Yep, that's excellence right there. Or, how about when you watch Star Wars? Don't you get goosebumps when you hear the 20th Century Fox fanfare and then see the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." I'm telling you, movies are missing that critical element now. There's no buildup; no excitement. Movies just start now. I think they could build up that excitement from the start.

Anyway, I'm going to go to work and drive home tomorrow to my new ultimate playlist. You should think about making one of your own.

No comments: