Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle, or how to be a tourist in your own city


Have you ever noticed when you travel somewhere that there are all kinds of things to do? We just got back from our honeymoon in New York City, and I can't tell you how many times I must have said, "Boy, would it be great to live here!" But, then you think about it, and if you lived there, would you really do all the things you do as a tourist? Would you visit the statue of liberty, take a carriage ride through Central Park, or see Xanadu? OK, I'm sure I would have seen Xanadu regardless, but other "touristy" things? Probably not.

On a side note, did you know that Mario Lopez is the "star" of A Chorus Line on Broadway? If not, check this pic out...


On yet another side note, I'm really not gay. I just got married, went on a honeymoon, and have a knocked up wife. Besides, as Deonn herself points out, no gay man would ever be caught in white socks like that!

Back to the topic at hand. The first picture is the house they used in Sleepless in Seattle. I never knew where that was in Seattle, other than somewhere on Lake Union. I guess the movie takes place in the winter, but I found out that they filmed the fireworks on the 4th of July in intense heat. How do I know this? I took a tour in my own city. I highly recommend the Argosy Locks Cruise if you're ever in Seattle (or live here and haven't explored the city). You'll get all kinds of trivial useless information like that. Deonn and I plan to do more touristy stuff in the near future to learn more about the Emerald City.

Why did we decide to do this? Well, I personally have never been to Green Lake, done the Underground Tour, or seen the Statue of Liberty at Alki. I have, however, been to the Sci-Fi Museum at the EMP. Luckily I went for free, and I still felt ripped off.

So, enough of this long post. I had no point to make.

1 comment:

Mizzle said...

That is one scary picture.