Thursday, July 24, 2008

Musical Dreams

Most of us wish we had a talent that we pursued when we were younger. Some of us were lucky enough to do that as kids. Me? Well, I wasn't really pushed to do anything except get good grades. It made me learn how to get good grades by understanding what my teachers expected from me. I never really studied all that hard. Nonetheless, my grades were good so I could avoid a beating. But, I wish that my parents had pushed me to do sports, or music, or acting, or something. Maybe I'd be talented and famous by now. Maybe "Hamster Eater" would be a literary phenomenon.

I'm thinking about pursuing a new talent. Recently (well, for the past year or so), I've really wanted to learn to play the didgeridoo. It's not easy to play a didgeridoo. I once had the breathing technique down, but I've not been able to replicate it recently. I used to be able to breathe out constantly through my mouth, yet breathe in and out through the nose. I don't know how I did it, and I don't know how I forgot it. Thus, I'm led to believe that was not my true calling. Oh well, there must be some hidden talent I have. Maybe I should just publish "Hamster Eater" and just consider that my high point. I'm sure that it will end up published on this blog someday.

No comments: