Monday, July 21, 2008

Fatburger = Fat Mark

My quest to find the perfect cheeseburger has slowed down somewhat, ever since I had to put myself on the "restricted burger" diet. I only allow myself one cheeseburger a week, so I have to make sure I'm having a burger worthy of the weekly honor. Today, I was starving. Given that I had only had a red velvet cupcake from Cupcake Royale, a diet Rock Star, and a measly serving of yakisoba, I was starving for a manly meal. I wanted beef on a bun, and so we ventured to the local Issaquah Fatburger. Well, for those of you who don't know, Fatburger is themed like a 50s diner and lets you choose the size of the burger and the toppings. I ordered a "kingburger" with cheese, bacon, and eggs. A kingburger is a half pound of beef. Not nearly enough in my book. Deonn, on the other hand, had a "baby fat". I think that is the only one ounce burger in existence. I've never seen anything so small.

On the overall burger scale, I would rank Fatburger "burger-rific". Not sure what that translates on a scale of 1-10 or anything, but it was pretty darn good. I dare say that I think it was even better than the famed XXX Drive-In, even though Fatburger is a chain. Fatburger's burgers go down so easily, like a smooth Patron tequila shot. Hence, the name. Fatburger will make you FAT. But, eaten in moderation, it's well worth it. They have this contest at Fatburger about who can eat a triple king the fastest. I think I'll try that sometime soon. Although, that is a pound and a half of beef, and the record in Issaquah is an astounding 3 minutes and 29 seconds. A far cry from the overall record of 1 minute and 59 seconds. I've got some training to do and some weight to gain (not to mention my cholesterol). Perhaps this wasn't the best place to eat with a cholesterol test coming up Wednesday morning... Oh well.

Check them out at:
http://www.fatburger.com

No comments: