Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday In the Park with Mark

Today was almost a carbon copy of yesterday, except that we didn't go to the Bite of Seattle. I had such a fun time on the paddle boat yesterday, that Deonn and I decided to head back to Green Lake park. The weather was perfect, and this time, we rented a rowboat. Deonn and baby got to kick back and relax while I rowed us to the middle of Green Lake. We then chilled out and enjoyed the view. The boat rental rates at Green Lake are very reasonable. $14/hour for your choice of paddle boat, row boat, kayak, or canoe. We re-lived the classic scene of "Kiss the Girl" from the Little Mermaid. It was really nice.

I did a lap around the Green Lake loop on my hockey roller blades beforehand. It was a nice, flat trail. Nice views. After the boat ride, we put on our swimsuits and went swimming in the lake. It was so nice and warm in the water, and I went to the swim dock and jumped off the diving boards.

How did we cap off the day? We drove back to Ballard and enjoyed some great burgers at Zak's Burger Joint. I'm learning how to have a great time in Seattle without spending a lot of money. There's just so much to do that's so inexpensive.

No comments: